Health & Fitness Apps are now a days so popular and they are helpful too. These Apps are too good and helpful for everyone at every stage. These apps can measure your steps, calories and even your heart rate. Every app has its own method and procedure to calculate the analytics of your health and fitness. Because of their popularity We have extracted 4 top apps to measure your heart rate. Your heart Rate is an important indicator of health, fitness and longevity. These apps are not too much accurate and you should not totally rely on them. They should not be used to diagnose any disease. Here are the four apps. They are in random order.
1: Cardiio ( for iOS )
Cardiio works by simply having you look straight into the front camera of your iPhone/iPad to measure your heart rate from a distance. No uncomfortable chest straps needed. You don’t even have to touch the camera! It’s a whole new way to monitor your heart and track your health. You can scan your heart rate when you wake up, after a run or during yoga. See how your heart rate changes over time through beautiful visualizations of your data.
Cardiio is powered by cutting-edge research and science conducted at the MIT Media Lab. Every time your heart beats, more blood is pumped into your face. This slight increase in blood volume causes more light to be absorbed, and hence less light is reflected from your face. Cardiio uses your camera to track these tiny changes in reflected light that are not visible to the human eye and calculate your heart beat!
Measurement accuracy is within 3 beats/min of a clinical pulse oximeter when performed at rest in a well-lit environment.
- Cardiio analyzes your heart rate data to give you a fitness level rating
- Estimates your potential life expectancy.
- Set personal goals for your resting heart rate and see how you stack up against others.
- Share your data with family and close friends.
- Post your insights to Facebook or Twitter.
- Connect to RunKeeper
- Store your data in the Health Graph cloud!
2: Instant Blood Pressure ( for iOS )
Instant Blood Pressure is a first-of-its-kind app that lets you check your blood pressure for recreational purposes using your iPhone without the need for a cuff or any additional hardware accessory. It uses a patent-pending process created by a team of forward-thinking biomedical engineers that transforms your smartphone into a personal blood pressure monitor. This app is available on appstore for $4.99
Instant Blood Pressure lets you measure your blood pressure using only your iPhone – no cuff required. It is not a medical device. Measurements take less than 50 seconds and produce a systolic, diastolic, and heart rate measurement. At this time, results may vary for different users and some users may experience inaccurate measurements. As it’s a paid app so if you are not satisfied with your purchase, let the developers know within 30 days of the date of your purchase and they will refund 100% of your purchase price.
- Instant Blood Pressure is not suitable for people wearing a pacemaker or any other internal medical device.
- Do not use Instant Blood Pressure to diagnose, mitigate, treat, or prevent hypertension or hypotension.
- Instant Blood Pressure is not a replacement for a blood pressure monitor used for medical purposes.
- Instant Blood Pressure is not suitable for people with resting systolic blood pressures below 102 or above 158 nor is it suitable for people with resting diastolic blood pressures below 65 or above 99.
- Consult a doctor if you have any health concern.
3: Runtastic Heart Rate PRO ( for iOS and Android )
Everyone’s maximum heart rate is different, and also our resting heart rates vary based on our age and training level. Want to know your resting heart rate or find out how fast your heart is beating after a certain fitness activity? Get Runtastic Heart Rate PRO to not only measure your pulse, but also compare different results, receive reminders for regular HR measurements and benefit from an array of additional features. No extra devices necessary, all you need is your smartphone. This app is available in both appstore and playstore for $1.99
Your resting heart rate varies depending on your age and training level. A very fit and athletic person has a lower resting HR than someone who’s not very active. Eager to know if your fitness level has improved? Measure your heart rate on a regular basis and monitor the progress of your resting heart rate. Download the Runtastic Heart Rate App today, check your heart rate regularly and show your friends how cool & calm you remain even when in a seemingly stressful situation!
- Unlimited measurements: Determine your heart rate anytime, anywhere & as often as you like
- Use filters: Filter your measurements according to type (resting HR, pre-& post-workout HR, maximum HR)
- Graphs to monitor your progress: Monitor how your resting heart rate develops
- Reminder: Receive automatic notifications for regular HR measurements
- Measure your heart rate with your smartphone camera
- Upload your results to Runtastic.com, compare and analyse your measurements by day, week or year
- Share your HR measurements in social networks like Facebook, Google+ & Twitter or via email
- No Ads
4: Cardiograph ( for Android )
Cardiograph is said to be one of the most accurate heart rate measuring application. Get your heartbeat anytime, anywhere. Every time you check you rate this app can save its date, time and even location so you can keep track of your vitals wherever you go. Cardiograph works by illuminating your index finger with your device’s camera flash, rendering your finger red and measuring the changes in the color caused by your pulse. If your device doesn’t have a built-in camera flash, you can take your measurements in a well lit environment.
Cardiograph works flawlessly on smartphones, tablets and wearable devices. Get it once, and it runs on all your devices at no extra charge! Cardiograph is specifically designed with Android Wear support. You can measure your pulse using the hear rate sensor in your smartwatch. Please note that Cardiograph will work on smartwatches with a heart rate sensor only.
- It uses the built-in camera/sensor of your smartphone or tablet to get accurate readings almost instantly.
- It can be very useful while exercising, if you’re under stress or even just out of curiosity.
- Every measurement you take is saved to your personal history, so you can keep track over time.
- You can create profiles for each of your family members or friends, and each of them has their own measurement history.
- Cardiograph is specifically designed with Android Wear support.